Hi,

I have a simple filter whose goal is to set the content type for a page.
However, when I check the actual headers that are returned by the server, I
see that they have been overridden by something in Tomcat; I'm just not sure
what / where this is happening.

I am using tomcat 6.0.14.

This is my filter( stripped down):
 public void doFilter( ServletRequest servletRequest, ServletResponse
servletResponse, FilterChain chain ) throws IOException, ServletException
 {
  // map to http
  HttpServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest) servletRequest;
  HttpServletResponse response = (HttpServletResponse) servletResponse;

   servletResponse.setContentType( "text/css" );

  // continue
  chain.doFilter( servletRequest, servletResponse );
 }

I see my filter firing properly, but when I look at the returned headers,
the content type is set to "text/html".

Does Tomcat set the ContentType after running executing the filters?  Is
there a way to override a contentType set in web.xml?

Thanks,

Eric