Siobhan wrote:
No, I have successfully created many java web applications, but for some
reason can not seem to successfully create a comet one. Something is not
working and I don't know what. I've taken all the code, placed it where I
thought it should be placed, but still something doesn't work. I have
searched google for days for an answer or a tutorial, and have not found
anything! I finally resorted to this list, hoping to get some help.

Ok then...
Which code have you taken, and where have you put it?
Maybe you could post an example?

Have you tried the example from the docs, and did that work?

-Siobhan

Siobhan wrote:
This page doesn't describe where to put this code. Can you explain that?

I should have spotted this earlier sorry, are you not clear on how to construct a java web application? Lots of stuff around (Google is your friend) to explain how to make a basic web app, a Comet app is a special case of this.

This mailing list is better at answering specific questions, or solving specific problems, rather than providing extended starter tutorials.

If you have a specific problem it will be easier to assist.

-Siobhan

Siobhan wrote:
I would like directions or steps on how to set up a working Comet test
example. I'm very new to Comet and haven't been able to find a
step-by-step
process as to how a Comet application is set up using a servlet with
Tomcat.
I want something like:

1. Change the Nio connector. Find the file.....and change....etc.
2. Place this Java servlet code in the .... directory....etc.
3. Place this jsp code....in the .... directory....etc.
Ditch the idea of using JSP completely, you won't be able to, as Matthias said below. Comet servlets need to implement the org.apache.catalina.CometProcessor interface, a compiled JSP will not have this. (See http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/aio.html).

The page above has example code.

Every example I try seems not to work and I want to make sure that I'm
following the proper steps and not leaving anything out.

-Siobhan