Hi,
I have my web site files in webapps/mywebsite and lets assume I can't use
webapps/ROOT. I wanted my URL to be localhost:8080 though versus
localhost:8080/mywebsite, so I added the tag <Context path=""
docBase="mywebsite" /> to the conf/server.xml. It works, I can go to
localhost:8080 and get to my site, but localhost:8080/mywebsite also still
works and I want to disable this. I thought that turning autoDeploy="false" in
the Host tag would do this but it didn't (see below).

Ex. <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="false" xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">

Thats my first problem.

My second is that I am now getting an error after using my web application for
a bit. I get a PermGen space out of memory error and soon after the web site
dies. I'm using Tomcat 5.5.20 and Java JDK/JRE 1.5.0_07. This is a professional
3rd party web app so I don't have access to the source code and all I can
really tell you is that it uses Hibernate and I believe the Spring Framework.
If I revert my server.xml config file back to normal all is well again. Has
anyone ran into this problem or know of a fix or what I'm doing wrong here?

Thank you,
John Le