Hi,

I have a setup like this for running multiple instance of tomcat
installation

CATALINA_HOME is set to the tomcat installation dir
(D:/apache-tomcat-6.0.14)

CATALINA_BASE is set to the personal tomcat instance (D:/test/tomcat)

Under my personal tomcat dir(D:/test/tomcat), I have the following
dir/files

conf

      Catalina

                    localhost

                                    context.xml

      catalina.policy

      server.xml

      tomcat-users.xml

      web.xml

lib

logs

webapps

Contents of context.xml are as follows -

<Context path="" docBase="D:/test/LATEST/docs" debug="0"
privileged="true" allowLinking="true">

</Context>

In the "D:/test/LATEST/docs" directory, I have a "index.html" page and
"index.html" is part of the welcome-file-list in web.xml

The personal tomcat instance is configured to run on port 6060.

When user types in http://localhost:6060 <http://localhost:6060/>  I
expect to see the contents of index.html but I see a blank page - no
errors, nothing in the accesslog

The same setup works fine with tomcat 5.0.24 but not in tomcat 6.x

Is there some other configuration that needs to be done to get this
running on Tomcat 6.x?

Thanks,

Prasad