I missed the JSP -- did it disable sessions?

If not, then the most common way to cause such an issue is to use a test harness that does not understand/preserve cookies between hits and thus produces a different session for each hit. Empty sessions are small, but do add up over time and choke the process. In that case the problem is /almost/ purely one of testing methodology in that the test harness should simulate realistic usage. I say /almost/ in that there is some DOS prospect here -- and thus you may wish to require authentication prior to establishing a session, for instance...

--
Jess Holle

Leon Rosenberg wrote:
i downloaded the war file and put it info webapps (it was the only webapp )
started tomcat (5.5.17)

started following in another shell:
while true; do wget "http://localhost:8080/LoadTest/something.jsp"; ; done

canceled after some thousands of iterations

i checked the memory usage via activity monitor (macosx) and tomcat
manager app. Both showed no changes.
Could it be that your python lib is keeping connection or something?
Have you checked via tomcat maanager how many connections you actually
have?
regards
Leon