Hi,

i am trying to build a cluster of tomcats with mod_proxy_balancer.

At the moment my tomcats are connected via mod_proxy_http protocol port 80
tomcat uses compression and mod_proxy_balancer is doing fine with sending the
compressed content to the client.

I wonder if i can do the same with mod_proxy_ajp. As AJP is a binary protocol
anyway it doesn't need any compression for the response to my proxy server,
right?

But the response send to the client from my proxy needs compression for faster
downloads. How can i tell my mod_proxy_balancer to compress the response with
mod_deflate

it tried the simple configuration

   AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml

but it didn't work. did i misconfigure my proxy or isn't it possible at all to
have mod_deflate filter the response from mod_proxy_ajp?

Sorry for being a little bit off-topic but i hope this question still relates
to tomcat-users.

kind regards,
janning