When accessing an HTTPSession through a back door the session's last access
time is not updated.  Is there any way to "touch" that session to update
that time or call a specific method to do so?

In other words I allow people to access their session through an xml request
that may be called from a server (not the browser).
Supplying the sessionID I can retrieve that session from a hashtable I keep,
yet manipulating the session does not update the last accessed time, leaving
it vulnerable to a timeout.

Probably more of a servlet question than Tomcat, but hopefully somebody can
help me.

Thanks in advance,
Frank