I know I'm coming into this whole thing late, but this thread seems to have gone on for a while and I see a number of conflicts in your config that need to be addressed. I'm assuming your cwrecyclers folder is a full webapp complete with WEB-INF folder and it's own web.xml file. If it's just a folder of jsps in the ROOT webapp, then you still need to fix your DocumentRoot to be /usr/share/tomcat5.5-webapps/ROOT.

1. Don't try to put your webapp in the ROOT folder in tomcat's webapps directory. Instead, it should be on the same level as the ROOT webapp. If it's your intent to make your cwrecyclers webapp the default webapp responding to requests for /, then delete the original ROOT webapp folder and rename cwrecyclers to ROOT.

2. Depending on how you dealt with no. 1, either change your JkMount or your DocumentRoot to line up the URL paths between tomcat and httpd. If you renamed cwrecyclers to ROOT to make it the default webapp, DocumentRoot should be /usr/share/tomcat5.5-webapps/ROOT and JkMount should be /*.jsp. If you decided to keep the cwrecyclers webapp name, then DocumentRoot needs to be /usr/share/tomcat5.5-webapps/cwrecyclers and the first JkMount is fine. Remove the second one in either case.

--David

Chris Baty wrote:
Hi Guys,
I'm running  Tomcat 5.5 and Apache 2, with Tomcat connector (Kind of a newbie).
 I got my Tomcat working fine at /usr/share/tomcat5.5-webapps/ROOT/cwrecyclers.
 When I point the browser (locally) at localhost:8180/cwrecyclers/ I see
exactly what I expect.  But when I look remotely also I see is the html.  I've
looked at all my config files and they all look fine.  Could someone point me
in the right direction?
Thanks
Chris

Apache:
<VirtualHost  67.207.133.158:80>
        ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        ServerName  cwrecyclers.hopto.org
# Indexes + Directory Root.
        DirectoryIndex index.jsp
        DocumentRoot /usr/share/tomcat5.5-webapps/ROOT/cwrecyclers/
#        DocumentRoot /var/www/cwrecyclers/

    JkMount /cwrecyclers/*.jsp cwrecyclers
    JkMount /cwrecyclers/* cwrecyclers

    # Globally deny access to the WEB-INF directory
     <LocationMatch ".*WEB-INF.*">
        deny from all
     </LocationMatch>

        # Logfiles
        ErrorLog  /var/log/apache2/cwrecyclers.hopto.org.error.log
        CustomLog /var/log/apache2/cwrecyclers.hopto.org.access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

workers.properties
# Tomcat and Java configuration
#
workers.tomcat_home=/usr/share/tomcat5.5
workers.java_home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun
ps=/
worker.list=yougarage

# Definition for local worker using AJP 1.3
#
worker.yougarage.type=ajp13
worker.yougarage.host=yougarage.tv
worker.yougarage.port=8009
worker.yougarage.cachesize=20

worker.list=cwrecyclers

# Definition for local worker using AJP 1.3
#
worker.cwrecyclers.type=ajp13
worker.cwrecyclers.host=cwrecyclers.hopto.org
worker.cwrecyclers.port=8009
worker.cwrecyclers.cachesize=20