Samuli

From: Samuli Seppänen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: Tomcat 5.5 and SSL connector: keystore was tampered with [SOLVED]

I suppose this Tomcat home does not apply if I use absolute pathnames, like /root/newkeystore?

There's always a home directory for the process, usually based on the userid the process is running under. If you've put the keystore file in any location other than the userid's home directory, you must specify the location with the keystoreFile attribute.

Just for reference, the problem was not Tomcat after all... it is somehow related to Funambol sync server.

Until this point I had started Tomcat only via the Funambol startup scripts. Then I tested Tomcat 5.5.25 standalone on my laptop and on the Funambol server (e.g. with startup.sh and shutdown.sh) and everything worked perfectly with JRE 1.5 and 1.6. I could select whatever password I want and the SSL listener would come up just fine. I have to dig into Funambol to see what is going on here, it's pretty weird.

Anyway, thanks for the tips!

Samuli