Hi Konstantin,

In this case I just recompiling the filter and copying it over the the classes
folder of the webapp.  It's definitely there.  If I compile and copy with a
statement like this in the filter:

HttpServletRequestWrapper wrapper = new HttpServletRequestWrapper((HttpServletRequest)servletRequest);
The filter works.  As soon as I override getParameter like this:

HttpServletRequestWrapper wrapper =  new
HttpServletRequestWrapper((HttpServletRequest)servletRequest)
{
public String getParameter(String name)
{
  return "foo";
}
};
I get the class not found exception.  Strange right?

- Ole

Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
How do you package and deploy your application?

If you are seeing
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: test/filter/TestFilter$1

please check, that the class file "TestFilter$1.class" is present in
your app's WEB-INF/classes/test/filter/ directory on the web server.

still present.  The localhost log has this:

SEVERE: Exception starting filter testFilter
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: test/filter/TestFilter$1
       at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2389)