I have 1 tomcat server (5.5) and i have deployed 2 independent applications
on it.

Application 1 has security, which is implemented using BASIC AUTHENTICATION
mode of tomcat. defining the username and password in
conf/tomcat-users.xmlfile.

Application 2 has form based security and for some enhanced security i have
added the "realm" for the database in conf/server.xml file.

Now, if add the realm thing in server.xml file my basic authentication stop
working in application 1 (application 2 security still works) on the other
hand if i remove this realm then my basic authentication work and ofcourse
my application 2 will not be able to imply security. What to do? I can't use
another tomcat for another application.

--
..alee