Hello, you might want to take a look at:

http://www.coreservlets.com/

The marquee author hosting the above named site wrote a book with the same
title:
* According to the author (Marty Hall) the only downside(s) to cookies are
privacy issues.
* The client browser has to have cookies turned on and the user can turn them
off anytime.
* If sensitive data is embedded this is a liability problem.
* Search engines can create cross-reference links (text, images, etc.) to pages
that use cookies.

Anyway you cut it you will need session tracking albeit cookies or
URL-Rewriting i.e. the JSESSIONID. The jsessionid is in itself a type of
cookie. The security risk is if someone can sniff or guess the jsessionid the
page is open to hi-jacking.

Theres more at the link above. HTH.

Gregory Gerard wrote ..