Hello,

Issue:
Apache Tomcat takes 3-4 browser request clicks to "wake up" after being idle
for 1-2 hours.

Tomcat is very responsive after Apache and Tomcat server startup also after
doing my 3-4 browser request clicks to the website to "wake up" Tomcat.
However, after 1-2 hours of being idle (having no bowser requests or visits),
it seem like Tomcat require me to click 3-4 browser request clicks  to "wake it
up" then it will become very responsive again.

I just developed the website and just started to promote it, so the traffic to
the website is very very low.  Every website visitor is very important, I don't
want any users who visit the website and thinking the website is down.

Question:
So how do I make Tomcat responsive to website visitors after 1-2 hours of no
visitors?

I have being searching and googling for a solution to this issue for a long
time but could not find a solution.

Web server setup:
Suse Linux 10.3 - text based, minimal install
Apache 2.2.8 - mpm_worker, compiled front end using mod_jk 1.2.26 Tomcat
connector, default configuration
Tomcat 6.0.16 - JSF 1.2
JDK 1.6.0_04 - 1.5gig heap

Thank you for any help and sorry if I am not clear,
-Brian

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.