I have tried both Tomcat 4.1.x and the latest 6.x on my networked Windows XP
desktop at work. It is a government office so there could be plenty of
firewalls in effect. The Windows XP firewall however is not operational.

The experience that I am having is that in one case, Tomcat seems to start
but when I type localhost:8080 I am met with a blank white page and the url
resets to local:8080 (no leading http:/  or anything). In another case, I
try to start Tomcat as a service but it refuses to start.

I would really really like to be running Tomcat at work as I need to be
doing some JSP and Webservices. I have been able to get Tomcat running on my
home computer just fine. At home I have both a Windows XP and a Linux
installation where I have been able to use Tomcat with no problems.

The computer at work is running firewalls of some nature and also has McAfee
running on the desktop. Don't know if this has anything to do with it. At
this point I don't even know where to check first to even begin to address
the problem.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

- Perry

--
Perry Anderson