I have a webapp which contains a class which methods should also exposed as
webservice.
What I would do would be to create an axis2 webservice out of it and put
this inside an axis2.war.

I then would have 2 webapps - the actual webapp and the axis2-webapp whcih
contains the WS-access.
The problem is that each Webapp gets loaded by its own classloader, so I
would have 2 instances of my class.

How can I tell tomcat to use the same classloader for both webapps ?

Can I put a single *.class inside of catalina.properties?  E.g.
  shared.loader=my.special.Clazz.class

(I cannot reference the *.jar because its inside the wepapp and inside an
axis2 archive an *.aar)