Thanks for the quick response -

Sorry, I should have included this the first time around: each site is
completely deployed with the content outside of the tomcat directory - that is:

C:/sites/site1/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/...
C:/sites/site1/ROOT/META-INF/...
C:/sites/site1/ROOT/index.jsp
C:/sites/site1/ROOT/someDir/index.jsp

Nothing is in the conf/Catalina directory for any of my sites, so I'm not sure
how to go about the first option.

I think if I try the second option, creating aliases for each site instead of
individual hosts, I won't be able to run the site-specific servlets - is that
correct?

After reading your email, I suppose it makes more sense for all the sites to
share the .war file, as opposed to having one running instance, however my
sites aren't deployed through tomcat, so I don't have any config info in
conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml...

Thanks again,
Matt