Most likely - the new jvm was installed into a different directory. And the tomcat service knows nothing about the new directory.

The easiest thing to do would be to go into the registry and find the Tomcat service - and then change the JVM path in the registry as needed. (I can't recall the keys at the moment to look for)

-Tim

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi Folks,

Can any body say if unstalling of JVM in a machine will effect to the Tomcat
service/server. We need to update the JVM in our production machine where
Tomcat 4.1 is running,

Becausewe have unstall the JVM but tomcat fails to start, please suggest
anybody. Thank you!!