Hi, I think you may be confusing the number of allowable processes with the number of allowable threads.

Per Tomcat's documentation, maxActive refers to the maximum number of DB connections whereas the Oracle error you are seeing refers to the maximum number of processes (threads?) which are not necessarily connections. It's been too many years since I've worked with Oracle, let alone 9i, so I can't point you where to look in your config files, but I suspect that's where the problem may be.

As an aside, the solution is probably not to just up the number of processes but to determine why Oracle is generating so many (if 150 is indeed considered "many.").

Hope this helps.

--adam

abhishek reddy wrote:
 Here are the pool configuration details in context.xml file.........

<Resource
name="jdbc/pool"
auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
username="scott"
password="tiger"
driverClassName="sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"
url="jdbc:odbc:pool"
maxWait="60000"
removeAbandoned="true"
maxActive="130"
maxIdle="50"
removeAbandonedTimeout="300"
logAbandoned="true"
/>

 software:
 database : oracle 9i
 server: tomcat 5.5

 iam getting the following error:

 java.sql.SQLException: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00020: maximum number
of processes (150) exceeded.

 I have set the maxActive to 130 then how will the number of processes
exceeds 150?

 tell me when will the maximum number of processes (150) exceeded in
the oracle and how do i solve the problem?

 I have checked the application 5 to 10 times and there is no
connection leakage problem.

 the application is under going performance testing.....with around
200 users at a time, for the first time it worked perfeclty, next time
the
 above mentioned error is comming..

 i need your help in solving this problem..