Here is what I have setup going off the examples, but it is not working like a I would like

a) a Host definition in my server.xml which has appBase="tomcatHome/ myAppBase"

b) a WAR file named ROOT.war. Inside there is a context.xml located in META-INF I am not sure what to put in for the path and/or docBase attributes. I would prefer not to have to defined the context in Catalina/<hostname>/ROOT.xml, i would like the context.xml to go along inside the WAR

c) I upload the root.war file to my Host above via the Manager app (which I also have configured for the host)

d) Tomcat accepts the war and puts it in the appBase above.

e) Tomcat extracts the WAR file but I get a directory structure as follows
        tomcatHome/myAppBase/ROOT/ROOT/<my extracted files>

The app also never starts. Basically I just want to have one virtual host per-war that I need to deploy to it. I don't want to have to defined the context on the server and would like to have it defined in META-INF. Each WAR is a one-to-one with a virtual host and when deployed via manager, or ant, I want it to respond to the http:// <hostname>/ as the default / context for that tomcat host.

thanks for the assistance.