Hello Filip,

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Our scenario is:
We set the username in the cookie when the user logs in. I open a new
browser instance, log-in and the cookie is set. If I logout of the
application and return to login screen (on the same browser instance) the
cookie is found.

PROBLEM:
If I use a NEW browser instance to go to the login page, the cookie is NOT
found.

On login submit, we set the cookie -
Cookie cookie = new Cookie(Constants.REMEMBERME, username);
cookie.setVersion(1);
cookie.setMaxAge(Integer.MAX_VALUE);
response.addCookie(cookie);

On requesting the login page, we check if the cookie was set -

Cookie cookies[] = request.getCookies();
String username = "";
for (int i = 0; i < cookies.length; i++) {
Cookie c = cookies[i];
      if (c.getName().equals(Constants.REMEMBERME)) {
            username = c.getValue();//Set username in the login field
            break;
      }
}

This code did not have an issue with tomcat 5.0
Thanks,
Sushil