From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 1:57 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Storing sessions to disk like Apache HTTP server

> From: Andrew R Feller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: Storing sessions to disk like Apache HTTP server
>
> Some coworkers had concern that Java applications had difficulties
> scaling due to session information kept within memory.

Do you really think you're going to have tens of thousands of concurrent
sessions?  Or is your application designed to load up each session with
megabytes of data?

Rather than add complexity to handle what is likely a non-issue, why not
take the simple and inexpensive route: run a 64-bit environment and add
memory as needed.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.