my app out of myAppBase/ROOT and not TOMCAT_HOME/temp/0-ROOT?

If I undeploy that application everything is deleted out of myAppBase/ as expected but the temp/0-ROOT app still exists. I then re-upload the same WAR and it repeats the process except this time there is a new temp/1-ROOT folder and tomcat runs
out of memory and crashes (maybe trying to load 0-ROOT & 1-ROOT)

On Feb 27, 2008, at 10:20 AM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

From: ahnf [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: totally confused! deploy & redeploy the ROOT context
via manager app and/or ant

Have a custom virtual host called "myApp", this host will run
one web-application, and that web application should respond
at the "/".

Stop trying to do things the hard way, and just package your default
webapp in ROOT.war, not under some other name.  You can then put your
<Context> element (without any path or docBase attributes) in
META-INF/context.xml inside your ROOT.war file.  Get rid of
myDocBase/myApp, and let the manager put the ROOT.war file in myAppBase,
where it belongs.  You'll need to clean out whatever mess has been
created under myAppBase and under Tomcat's work directory and under
C:\temp\work.  (Why do you specify a work attribute, by the way?)

I'd also suggest putting the <Context> element for the manager webapp in
conf/Catalina/myAppHost/manager.xml, rather than in server.xml.

- Chuck

received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e- mail
and its attachments from all computers.