Hi,

 I have a tomcat server with around 50 diferents small
apps running on it.

 Time to time one of those apps gets out of control,
but standard OS tools like top just show the java
process running up to 200% of CPU usage.

 I setup tomcat to allow jconsole to connect and
monitor it. Still jconsole doesn't provide the needed
info. That's, something similar to "top" (process
monitor on Windows, prstat on Solaris) indicating the
VM/CPU usage percentage.

 Does anyone have a similiar problem and knowns how to
fix it?

Regards!

 Enrique