Env: Jre 1.6, Tomcat 6.0.14

I have  a collection of 3 webapp contexts installed in Tomcat.

I have a context.xml defined in conf/ to define a a custom WebappLoader, since
I want
all my webapp contexts to be loaded using my custom loader:

     <Loader className="com.xxx.MyWebappClassLoader"
             property1="..."
     />

Webapp 1 however, has a special resource that it loads via JNDI.
Hence I defined the resource in Webapp1/META-INF/context.xml
as follows:

    <Context>
          <Resource name="jdbc/MyJdbcConn"
                    auth="Container"
                    type="javax.sql.DataSource"
                    maxActive="20"
                    maxIdle="10"
                    maxWait="1000"
                    username="trinh"
                    password="huy"
                    driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"

url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mydb?autoReconnect=true&amp;zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull&amp;characterEncoding=utf8&amp;jdbcCompliantTruncation=false&"
          />

</Context>

In the webapplication, the resource "jdbc/MyJdbcConn"  is not accessible;

Would the presence of conf/context.xml entirely override META-INF/context.xml?

(yes, I 've read http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/context.html).

Thanks,

/U