On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 8:31 AM, David Kramer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've been trying to find out how to run it as a service, and the only
>  solution I can find is relevant to AMD processors (yes, I tried it
>  anyway).  The 32-bit versions of tomcat5.exe doesn't run under 64-bit
>  Windows.

I've also been trying to get tomcat to run as a service on 64-bit
Windows.  But it's my experience that the tomcat5.exe does run, it
just won't allow large heap sizes (since it's 32-bit).  Am I wrong?

(I followed the instructions from Richard Mundell on "Mini HOW-TO:
Tomcat as a service on Windows Server 2003 64-bit edition" (possibly
viewable here: http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=114951978732081&w=2),
but have run into different problems when I try to start the service.
More details in the separate post with subject "trouble starting
64-bit Tomcat as a service".  I'd *really* appreciate any help with
this problem!)