Hi!

I've a session replication problem I don't know how to solve.

I've installed a tomcat cluster with 2 tomcat workers (v6.0.14) and an
apache server 2.2.3 as load balancer, with mod_jk.

I've configured DeltaManager for session replication. When I use sticky
sessions, all works propertly, when I stop one tomcat the other one
handles the session.

However, if I disable sticky sessions things change. As a first sight,
it seems to work ok. Each request is processed by a different tomcat,
sessions are replicated propertly. However, if I send several requests
too fast (well, not so fast, just clicking F5 in the web browser 1 or 2
times per second), after a short time the session is suddenly lost, and
a new session is created. May it be a session replication problem? I've
tried with several cluster->channelSendOptions but I always have the
same problem. Note that with sticky sessions in the load balancer the
problem does not exists. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Vreixo Formoso

----------------- cluster config in server.xml ----------

<Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"
                 channelSendOptions="4">

          <Manager
className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager"
                   expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
                   notifyListenersOnReplication="true"/>

          <Channel
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel">
            <Membership
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastService"
                        address="228.0.0.4"
                        port="45564"
                        frequency="500"
                        dropTime="3000"/>
            <Receiver
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver"
                      address="auto"
                      port="4002"
                      autoBind="100"
                      selectorTimeout="5000"
                      maxThreads="6"/>

            <Sender
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReplicationTransmitter">
              <Transport
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.PooledParallelSender"/>
            </Sender>
            <Interceptor
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector"/>
            <Interceptor
className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.MessageDispatch15Interceptor"/>
          </Channel>

          <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.ReplicationValve"
                 filter=""/>
          <Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.JvmRouteBinderValve"/>

          <Deployer
className="org.apache.catalina.ha.deploy.FarmWarDeployer"
                    tempDir="/tmp/war-temp/"
                    deployDir="/tmp/war-deploy/"
                    watchDir="/tmp/war-listen/"
                    watchEnabled="false"/>

          <ClusterListener
className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.JvmRouteSessionIDBinderListener"/>
          <ClusterListener
className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.ClusterSessionListener"/>
        </Cluster>