Hello all,
I run tomcat connecting to two separate instances (one mySQL instance)
running on the same machine and the other one is oracle.

If i leave tomcat idle overnight and come back the next day, it doesn't
reconnect to mySQL even though i have the following in the JNDI settings..

<Resource   name="jdbc/mysql_gaeaglobalvrmanager"
            auth="Container"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource"
            driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
            maxIdle="15"
            maxWait="10000"
            username="root"
            url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mscore?autoReconnect=true"
            maxActive="2000"
            removeAbandoned="true"
            removeAbandonedTimeout="60"/>

I dont have the reconnect option at all for oracle and the connection works
fine.

Is this a question to be posed to a mySQL forum. apologize if this is out of
place?

Thanks

Sury