Hi - I hope someone here can help me, because I've been at this for hours and
I'm getting nowhere...

Basically I have tomcat 6 and axis installed on the server, and
happyaxis.jsp validates the install, but whenever I try to access a jws web
service it spits out the java code rather than compiling and executing - as
if it was just a text file served over apache.

Apparently a jws is just java class. This is from the install guide:

Axis' JWS Web Services are java files you save into the Axis webapp anywhere
but the WEB-INF tree, giving them the .jws extension. When someone requests
the .jws file by giving its URL, it is compiled and executed.

There appears to be a jws servlet mapping the WEB-INF/web.xml so I'm not
sure what could be wrong...

Any ideas?

J.R.