Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: paul womack [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Tomcat - JMX to get connections per minutes?

How do I get figures on (what I consider) simple stuff
like connections per minute/hour/whatever, Kilobytes
per second, etc?

Probably the easiest thing to do is look at code that already does it.
Lambda Probe (http://lambdaprobe.org) is a good open-source utility for
that, as is MoSKito (http://moskito.anotheria.net/).  Tomcat's own
manager app also displays some statistics, and the source is in the src
download.

I was hoping that there already existed some (web?) or Swing
tool that would graph/chart "obvious" performance/load parameters,
analagous to sun PerfMeter, or "KDE System Guard".

I certainly wasn't intending to write a java app myself
(unless forced)

  BugBear