> From: loredana loredana [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> function OpenOutlookDoc()
> {try{
> var outlookApp = new ActiveXObject("Outlook.Application");
> var nameSpace = outlookApp.getNameSpace("MAPI");
> mailFolder = nameSpace.getDefaultFolder(6);
[...]
> }catch(e){
> alert(e);
> // act on any error that you get
> }}
>
> if I run the file locally, with the url looking like:
> file://C:/....things are ok, page works, if I copy the html
> page in one of my projects and run int like
> localhost:8080/project/file.html I get an [Object error]
> alert......

This is:

- A pure HTML page
- Using Javascript on the client side
- That fails when not hosted on the filesystem.

> i remember reading somewhere about some problems
> using Active -x in tomcat.

Whether or not that's true, it's not relevant to the problem you have.  Your
problem is independent of Tomcat, as your code is pure client-side code.

> can anyone give me a clue on what to do?10x

You should read and, if required, post on a Microsoft forum about using the
Outlook MAPI objects in client-side script that is from an untrusted zone in
Internet Explorer.  You'll find more enlightenment there than we can offer, I
suspect!

                - Peter