On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 7:50 PM, Christopher Schultz
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Jürgen,
>
>  Juergen Weber wrote:
>
> | the idea you sketched depends on the constructor being called with a
>  | list of realms. Is that so?
>
>  Not necessarily. Most objects that represent elements in server.xml have
>  no-arg constructors and then setFoo() methods on them. I would imagine
>  that you could write a setRealm() method on your new realm
>  implementation and allow it to be called multiple times (more of an
>  addRealm, really, but I think setRealm is what you'll likely get). You
>  might have to change the digester rules to allow <realm> within a
>  <realm>, though.

You mean something like this ?

<Realm className="MultiRealm"

        <Realm   className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
     connectionURL="ldap://localhost:389";
       userPattern="uid={0},ou=people,dc=mycompany,dc=com"
          roleBase="ou=groups,dc=mycompany,dc=com"
          roleName="cn"
        roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})" />

             resourceName="UserDatabase"/>

/>

I have no idea how to teach that to Digester.

>  | Probably one would have to get the surrounding container with
>  | Realm.getContainer() and browse the whole nested container tree to get
>  | all realms.
>
>  You could do that, but I'm not sure how you would identify all the
>  realms that should be included (versus those that should not be).

OK, that wouldn't work, as only _one_ realm can be defined in each of
Engine, Host and Context. So MultiRealm would have to be in Context to
have two other realms to call, which is awkward.