Ch Praveena wrote:
Hi Filip,

These may be very basic questions.

1. What is heart beat in Tomcat clustering?
what do you mean? membership can be done in two ways, dynamic discovery using multicast, for this there is a heartbeat, sends out a signal. For static memberships, well, you define static members.
2. From which version of Tomcat, clustering is implemented?
5.0
3. In how many ways clustering is done in Tomcat 6.x?
1
4. In the article,
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/cluster-howto.html, It was
mentioned  like
a) "If your Tomcat instances are running on the same machine, make sure the
tcpListenPort attribute is unique for each instance, in most cases Tomcat is
smart enough to resolve this on it's own by autodetecting available ports in
the range 4000-4100". Please tell me where I can find tcpListenPort
attribute.
it's the port attribute in the <Receiver> element, TC 6 actually can auto select a port for you, if you use autoBind>0
b) Do I need to update my server.xml file with the default setting given for
the cluster element.

Please tell me if any other  documentation available for clustering  Tomcat
6.x

Messaging layer
http://www.covalent.net/services/training/webinars.html (see tribes and cluster)
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/tribes/introduction.html