              auth="Container"
              type="javax.sql.DataSource"
              maxActive="16"
              maxIdle="8"
              maxWait="10000"
              username="abc"
              password="xyz"
              driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"

url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/mydatabase?autoReconnect=true"
/>

  </GlobalNamingResources>

As I said, if I move the META-INF/context.xml contents
into my server.xml, then it works fine, but then I
cannot use ant manager tasks to redeploy.

I have also tried to put the driver jar into the
application war. No luck.

--- Sameer Acharya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Where is your Resource definition ? seems like the
> Driver class name and url is not defined.
>
> -Sameer
>
> --- Charl Gerber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I have 4 Tomcat environments for the same
> > application:
> > two development machines, 1 test and 1 production.
> > Development machines are Windows 2000 and Vista,
> the
> > others are linux. All 4 machines have Tomcat
> 6.0.14
> > installed.
> >
> > I really have problems getting the application
> > properly deployed and configured. I have a global
> > datasource configured in tomcat's server.xml and
> the
> > mysql driver jar is in the /lib directory of
> tomcat.
> >
> > If I deploy the application by putting it in the
> > webapps dir or using the ant manager tasks, I get
> > this
> > exception:
> >
> > Caused by:
> > org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException:
> > Cannot
> > create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL
> > 'null'
> >     at

org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:1150)
> >     at

org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:880)
> >     at

org.hibernate.connection.DatasourceConnectionProvider.getConnection(DatasourceConnectionProvider.java:69)
> >     at

org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:423)