Melanie Pfefer wrote:
how to deploy war files in tomcat? What should I enter
to these parameters? I dont have the xml file. I have
only the war file. Should I create first a new
directory?

It usually helps if you say which Tomcat version you are using.

For a default Tomcat installation, just copy the war to the webapps directory.

Context Path (optional): XML Configuration file URL: WAR or Directory URL:

This is from the manager app. You use this set of options to deploy a war file that is located on the server but is outside of the host's appBase.

To deploy a war via the manager, use the next section "WAR file to deploy". Browse to the WAR file and click deploy.

Mark