So, I looked at JMX Console and see that under RequestProcessor for Catalina
it shows all the HTTP request processor threads.  And, for each, it shows an
attribute called "requestProcessingTime" which I think is the time it took
to process that request.  So, I was thinking to write a script to query that
for each thread.  Then, I thought there maybe something similar at the
container level which will tell me overall request processing time for all
threads instead of me querying all threads and making calculations.

GlobalRequestProcessor?

Name: Catalina:type=GlobalRequestProcessor,name=http-XXXX
modelerType: org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean
errorCount: 0
bytesReceived: 0
bytesSent: 159763
processingTime: 3102