Steffen Heil wrote:

It's very fast, relyable and flexible.

Agreed.

The configuration language is even turing complete...

Be aware, that it's initial configuration may be a huge step.
On debian/ubuntu you get a multi-file configuration by default, which is
good, if the package is updated.

However I found it more easy to do administration using a single-file
config. (you may start copying the auto-generated config from the multi-file
system to /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.)

Heartily agreed! I messed around with the multi-file administration scheme for 2 or 3 days and then decided that what I really needed was to understand how exim worked. Having done that, it was easier just to edit one file. Phil Hazel's book is very useful. After all, he wrote exim.

HTH