Pablo Lopez wrote:
It appears this could be done through virtual hosting and appbase settings
but this is way beyond my knowledge and I’m just architecting the solution.
I know we'll have to get a Tomcat expert in at some point in the future but
just wondered if I'm going down the right or wrong road here.

The danger with this approach is that all instances share a JVM so there is scope for interference.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and apologies if I got all
of the terminology wrong.
I'd use multiple Tomcat instances. There is still scope for resource conflicts at the machine level but there is far less chance of conflict.

Mark