> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RE: SEVERE: Error listenerStart
>
> Come on, I have no inclination to become a J2EE hacker.

No one's asking you to be a J2EE "hacker", but some familiarity with the
problem domain is expected.  GIYF.

> Yet, I still maintain that the term "listener" is very
> misleading.

The term "listener" in a data processing context predates J2EE, perl,
and even sockets by decades.  For example, it was used at least as far
back as the 1950s to describe the action taken to wait for events or
input on an I/O channel.  Computer science co-opted the term in the
early 1960s to refer to any mechanism waiting for some event.

> Btw, would a -Djava.library.path provided argument take
> precedence over LD_LIBRARY_PATH settings

Yes, the system property overrides the environment variable (Java
launchers on Windows use PATH, not LD_LIBRARY_PATH, by the way, if you
ever use that platform).

> But interestingly, they both are 32bit builds while my kernel is
> a 64Bit one.

That is likely the root of the problem.  Sounds like you need to contact
your .war vendor and have them supply 64-bit .so files; alternatively,
you could install and run a 32-bit JVM, but that would seem to be a
serious step backwards.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.