> From: Malcolm Gorman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> (1) Is it possible to serve static content with Tomcat?

Yes.

> (2) Is the JBoss example above sufficient? Should I persevere with it?

It's rather odd.  Chuck's suggestion works far better.  Do you *need* JBoss, or
will Tomcat suffice?

> (3) Is there a Tomcat FAQ or other document that I have completely
> missed that explains all?

Principally the Servlet spec.  Some of the Tomcat doc tends to assume you've
read up on the spec first!

Incidentally, I bet you'll saturate your network bandwidth (or rarely your disk
bandwidth!) before you saturate a modern Tomcat's ability to serve static
content.  Have a read of
http://tomcat.apache.org/articles/benchmark_summary.pdf and note the machine
specs against a modern box - Peter saturated a 100 Mbit LAN using a P450
desktop.

                - Peter (a different one)