For one of our projects, we have created our own CA for Tomcat using the methods laid out here;

http://users.skynet.be/pascalbotte/art/ca.htm
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=106293430225790&w=2

Now, Tomcat is up and running and serving the site over HTTPS using our certificates and browsers can connect securely.

However, we have another client connecting, which is a SOAP app running on another Tomcat server elsewhere. They need to connect on HTTPS to our Tomcat server for their encrypted SOAP traffic, but currently their connection is failing as there SOAP client has no certificate in common.

Once they send me their CSR, how do I sign it at my end so that I can then send it back, ready for them to import it at their end?

I know this is probably more of a Java keystore question than Tomcat directly, but I appreciate any help on it.

Thanks