Actually, i need a mean by which i can extend the session (in some cases) if
the session is about to expire. I know i can certainly do this with
Session.setMaxTimeInternal() but thats only possible with some client event
(i.e. when the servlet/filter is invoked),  which doesn't satisfy my needs.
Something like HttpSessionListener.preSessionDestroyed() is what i need..I
wonder why cant they give such control..