I need to know if Tomcat is deployed on a production environment, how can I use its manager to stop and start a web application. I have created a role named manager and its username and password. When I go to URL http://IP_ADDRESS/manager/stop?path=/My_WebAp, it asks me for a username and password. And I provide the username and password for the role manager but it keeps asking me for username and password. I have done the same thing with another tomcat which is accessed through vpn on port 8080 and that one works fine, I supply a username and passowrd and it accepts the username and password and stops/starts my web application.

I would appreciate it if someone could guide what I need to do differently in the case of production environment where tomcat is accessed through port 80.

Regards
Khurram