From: "Peter Stavrinides" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 6 May, 2008 12:16:17 PM GMT +02:00 Athens, Beirut, Bucharest,
Istanbul
Subject: Tomcat Production Configuration

Hi All

My question concerns optimizing Tomcat.

Our setup is roughly this:
- Dual Quad Core with 8 gigs memory (4 gigs dedicated for Tomcat)
- Single instance of Tomcat6
- Single web application (Java Servlet)
- AJP connector

A little about the application:
The site is relatively low volume, however traffic spikes when our newsletter
is sent out. The application is complex and connects to a large research
database serving a number large pages with reports, charts, data tables etc,
which are generated dynamically from live data... sessions tend to get quite
large. My thinking is that I should be supporting in the region of 200 to 300
sessions as a minimum.

So given this setup, how should I configure the connector with regards to:
maxThreads and any other relevant attributes. I am thinking of about 300
threads? I would be grateful for your advice.

Thanks for your help,

Peter