I followed the instructions to setup the ssl server for tomcat(stand alone)
on the website.  I'm using v5.5 with jre 1.5 on solaris.  I created my
keystore, got a signed cert from my CA and inserted it into the keystore,
added my CA chain certs to the keystore.  I modified the server.xml file to
reflect the keystore path and alias and I uncommented the section.  I
restarted tomcat and the manager status page shows a paragraph that seems to
indicate the the server is also running on port 8443 (in addition to 8080).
But when i try to connect to https://host:8443, i get no response.  i also
tried telneting to that port to see if it was at least open from the server
its running on (to eliminate a firewall problem) and i get connection
refused.  I don't beleive the daemon is running on the port.  the log files
are empty with no helpful info to speak of.

Where should I start to troubleshoot?

-Kevin