Mark Thomas wrote:
Neil B. Cohen wrote:
I have written a web app that I want to install on the same machine, but for various reasons (commercial, political, version-related) I need to run it on a new (and different) instance of Tomcat. I can install the latest Tomcat in a directory where it does not conflict with the existing s/w. I know I have to edit the server.xml file and change the shutdown port (8005) and the default connection port (8080). I will probably change the secure connection port (8443) as well, although I won't be using that one at the moment.

My question is - is that sufficient to allow me to run both instances of Tomcat on the same machine without conflict? Are there other lines in the server.xml file that need to be changed? Are there other config files I need to look at?

That should be sufficient. The only other thing to be aware of is if any relevant environment variables are set for the old install that may impact the new one.
No overlapping env variables either - the two instances will be run by different users in completely separate filesystems...

thanks!

nbc

Mark