> From: Raghavan_sat [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hi
>    I want to take a backup of my tomcat server regularly so
> that if the
> server crashes i can use the backup in another system. How
> can i accomplish this..

1) Back up the Tomcat files - you may want to use an open file copier on
Windows in case Tomcat's holding one open while you back up.  ntbackup on
Windows 2003 or higher works just fine, as it uses the shadow copy service.  We
can't tell you where those are installed on your system, as that depends on how
Tomcat has been installed on your system.

2) Back up anything else your application developer / vendor tells you you
should back up, in the way in which your vendor tells you it should be backed
up - we don't know what else your app relies on, so can't advise.

                - Peter