Hi,

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give. I've searched the
net for a couple of days now but with no success (even with similar messages
posted on this site).

What I'm trying to do is setup global JNDI on tomcat 5.5 (for use with
jackrabbit and Magnolia CMS) but either it's not working or I have lost the
plot. If I have got the confuguration correct for tomcat and you think it
may be a jacrabbit or magnolia issue then please tell me and I'll try on
another forum.

A previous message on this subject said to include the resource in the
GlobalNamingResources element of server.xml along with the ResourceLink.
This is what I have:

<Resource name="magnoliaAuthor"
                  auth="Container"
                  type="javax.jcr.Repository"

factory="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepositoryFactory"

configFilePath="C:/msgn-work/magnolia/magnolia-3.5.4/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/webapps/magnoliaAuthor/WEB-INF/config/default/repositories.xml"
                  repHomeDir="c:/magnoliarepo/magnolia" />

<ResourceLink global="magnoliaAuthorGlobal" name="magnoliaAuthor"
type="javax.jcr.Repository" />

and in web.xml

     <resource-env-ref>
         <description>Jackrabbit Repository</description>
         <resource-env-ref-name>magnoliaAuthor</resource-env-ref-name>
         <resource-env-ref-type>javax.jcr.Repository</resource-env-ref-type>
     </resource-env-ref>

Using this configuration doesn't appear to work as when I put some debugging
in my servlet the jndi context is empty.

The piece of servlet code is:

            Context initContext = new InitialContext ();
            Context envContext  = (Context)initContext.lookup
("java:/comp/env");

            Object o = envContext.lookup ("magnoliaAuthor"); // Should this
be the global name (doesn't work either way).
            BindableRepository repo = (BindableRepository) o;

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Gareth