Hi,

I am very new to the aforementioned subject. As hinted in subject, I am trying to set up a web application using form authentication.

I have set up server.xml according to the steps specified at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/realm-howto.html
for JDBCRealm

For the application, I have followed the instructions at
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/08/06/webform.html

The problem I am experiencing is that when I try to access the page I have specified in web.xml as secure, I get to that page - I am not redirected to the login page that I specified in web.xml.

I've had someone else look at web.xml and they say that's not where the problem lies. So I'm wondering if the problem is with server.xml.

Can anyone give a newbie some pointers as to where to look to diagnose and fix this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help.

CC