Thanks for the insight... will follow your suggestions.

Regards,
Nuno

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: quarta-feira, 21 de Maio de 2008 17:04
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Manager Application (Tomcat 5.5.26)

Nuno Manuel Martins wrote:
> Well... basically I untared the package I downloaded from the official
> website and inserted my webapps which work fine.

If you had followed Charles's advice a few posts back, you would know which
of your changes broke the config.

> My only belief at this point in time is that somehow I screwed up the
> server.xml file... can someone take a look (attached) and see something out
> of place?
>
> I know the connectors part might seem strange but we really want to listen on
> those two different ports :)

This is a complete mess. Comments in-line.

     <Service name="Catalina">

resourceName="UserDatabase"/>

             <Host name="localhost" appBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/">

                 <Context path="/"
docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/matm-bo" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true"/>

Problem 1. matm-bo is going to get deployed twice. Once under "/" and once
under "/matm-bo"

                 <Context path="/matm-bo"
docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/matm-bo" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true"/>

Problem 2. "/matm-bo" may now be deployed a third time.

                 <Context path="/manager"
docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/server/webapps/manager" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true"/>

Problem 3. The manager webapp needs to be privileged

             </Host>

             <Host name="my.host.com"
appBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/matm-fe">

                 <Context path="/"
docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/matm-fe" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true"/>

Problem 4. appBase must not equal docBase. This will cause a world of pain
for webapps for this host.

                 <Context path="/matm-fe"
docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/matm-fe" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true"/>

Problem 5. More appBase must not equal docBase pain and more duplicate
deployments.

Mark