Regarding the logs, exceptions usually log very much like what you posted then go off into a huge list of '... at (some class name) (some line number)'.

For example:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\SalesPortal does
not exist or is not a readable directory
   at org.apache.catalina...... (SomeClass.java:443)
   at ......
   at ....
root cause: java.io.PermissionDeniedException (or whatever) ....
   at ....
   at ....

At the end of that, there usually is a 'root cause:' and another exception stack trace. If you see such a thing in your logs, we'd like to see that. That would offer more infomation regarding what happened. Could you give us the general layout of webapps\SalesPortal? Also right click on the SalesPortal folder and take a look at the security tab. Does the local System account have Read permissions on the folder and it's contents? Lastly, you should check to be sure the "folder" isn't really a shortcut which Java may not understand or follow.

--David

Rick Simpson wrote:

David

I am sorry to sound like I don't know what I am doing but I don't. I can
open the rest of the folders in webapp folder from the manager just not
mine. The file I am moving came from version 4.1 of Tomcat, not sure if
that matters or not.